- A Teacher Who Was More Than a Teacher
- Teach Him if You Can
- Leadership and Youth
- Developing Leaders From Within – A Case Study
- Leadership Is Being Involved In the World and Other Lives
- What Do You Want To Achieve With Your Team Building Program?
- Some Common Problems in Company Teams That Negatively Impact Progress
- Is Team Building Your Ultimate Objective? Or Is Team Building The Means To An End?
- What is leadership? Leadership quotes – 4
- What is leadership? Leadership quotes – 3
Many organizations invest time and money for events to help team members bond together and function more effectively as a team; staff return from these outings with a lot of enthusiasm and excitement, yet results are hard to quantify and short term at best.
Recently I had the pleasure of conducting an Experiential Learning training program for a Marketing company with a fresh outlook.
People have become used to working independently and view collaboration as a nuisance. Staff may not feel mutually accountable to one another for the team’s objectives. There may be a lack of commitment and effort, conflict between team goals and members’ personal goals, or poor collaboration.
Team building programs are useless unless they help the participants connect their new-found awareness to results. The same applies at the team level.
Leadership is stepping out of your comfort zone and taking risk to create reward. – Katie Easley, founder, Kate Ryan Design
I would initially describe Leadership as the art of influencing others to accomplish certain objectives.
Some definitions given by various leadership gurus would help give a clearer picture and also highlight certain key aspects of leadership