- A Teacher Who Was More Than a Teacher
- Teach Him if You Can
- Leadership and Youth
- Developing Leaders From Within – A Case Study
- Leadership Is Being Involved In the World and Other Lives
- What Do You Want To Achieve With Your Team Building Program?
- Some Common Problems in Company Teams That Negatively Impact Progress
- Is Team Building Your Ultimate Objective? Or Is Team Building The Means To An End?
- What is leadership? Leadership quotes – 4
- What is leadership? Leadership quotes – 3
A true leader on the other hand would not only develop his or her life and career but would be equally if not more involved in helping others develop and succeed.
Recently I had the pleasure of conducting an Experiential Learning training program for a Marketing company with a fresh outlook.
People have become used to working independently and view collaboration as a nuisance. Staff may not feel mutually accountable to one another for the team’s objectives. There may be a lack of commitment and effort, conflict between team goals and members’ personal goals, or poor collaboration.
Many organizations invest time and money for events to help team members bond together and function more effectively as a team; staff return from these outings with a lot of enthusiasm and excitement, yet results are hard to quantify and short term at best.
Team building programs are useless unless they help the participants connect their new-found awareness to results. The same applies at the team level.
Leadership is stepping out of your comfort zone and taking risk to create reward. – Katie Easley, founder, Kate Ryan Design